The RM4016 remotely collects cathodic protection (CP) measurements used to demonstrate corrosion mitigation effectiveness. It monitors pipelines, well casings, tanks and other assets by reading rectifier AC and DC volts and amps, pipe-to-soil potential, shunts, test points, and critical bonds. The Orbcomm IsatData Pro satellite network is used for one-way, global, reliable, low-latency communications. The solar-paneled RM4016 reduces the costs and risks of connecting to 120 V/240 V AC “mains,” as well as providing a more reliable power source in areas where the main power source may be unreliable. Measurements are automatically uploaded to Bullhorn Web, a web-based asset manager that works with AI’s Pipeline Compliance System to form a full end-to-end regulatory compliance solution from measurement to reporting.
- Rugged – The unit can survive the harshest of conditions, with built in surge protection and optional high energy surge arrester.
- Reliable – Solar panel and battery provide reliable power in areas where the main power source may be unreliable or unavailable.
- Integrated Compliance Solution – Complete end-to-end system to prove regulatory compliance, with filtered measurements easily imported into PCS where they can be made into compliance reports.
Bullhorn Comparison Chart
|Analog channels measure both AC and DC potentials
||Single unit to measure rectifier volts and amps, pipe-to-soil potential, shunts, test points, and critical bonds
|Digital channels provide discrete/close contact inputs and accumulator functionality
||The unit can also be used for intrusion detection, threshold detection and other state changes as well as pulse counting for metering
|10 MΩ impedance
||Improved pipe-to-soil accuracy where just a few mA can be the difference between being in compliance and not
|Pipeline Compliance System (PCS) integration
||Import RMU data directly or file transfer using BAT website
|Global coverage via Orbcomm IsatData Pro satellite network
||Quickly communicate anywhere in the world without having to estimate coverage as required with cellular-based products
|Sends alarms based on specific events (e.g. reading out of range, power loss, intrusion detection, etc.)
||Receive unlimited notifications via text message, voice, and email
|Configurable via USB
||Save configuration settings and load to multiple units
|Bullhorn Web system communicates unit status by email, text or Web notifications
- Eliminate remote site visits with equipment status notifications
- Get on-the-go access via smartphone
|Internal backup battery
||Receive alarms when power fails
|Optional High Energy Surge Arrester
||Increase product reliability with immunity to lightning and other surges
Bullhorn Comparison Chart