GPS300 Current Interrupter
- MicroMax Portable Instruments
- GPS300 Current Interrupter
The GPS synchronized GPS300 helps operators ensure corrosion mitigation effectiveness and meet regulatory requirements, and is specifically designed for use with cathodic protection (CP) surveys. It is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in keypad and LCD display and is designed to fit inside most rectifier cabinets.
Current interruption for:
- Cathodic protection
- Rectifiers and foreign / critical bonds
- Measuring On and Instant Off potentials
The MicroMax GPS300 is a portable, flexible, rugged, fully-programmable GPS synchronized current interrupter that is designed specifically for cathodic protection (CP) surveys. The GPS300 helps operators ensure corrosion mitigation effectiveness and meet regulatory requirements. It is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in keypad and LCD display and is designed to fit inside most rectifier cabinets. The GPS300 is programmed using the embedded keypad or with a PC via USB. It operates in continuous, daily, dated, and interference modes to fit any interruption schedule. The device can be powered from an AC or DC source for quick installation and reliable operation.
- Portable – The GPS300 is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in keypad and LCD display. It is light, weighing less than 2 pounds, but rugged enough to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Small – The unit is small enough to fit inside most rectifier enclosures, reducing the chances of vandalism and eliminating the need to chain it down to prevent theft.
- Interference Mode – synchronously interrupts specific groups of rectifiers to determine the influence of each rectifier on the structure under test. The GPS 300 provides Interference Mode for close interval, depolarization and DCVG surveys with configurable Off, On, and delay settings.
- Relay compatibility – The GPS300 works with a wide range of solid state, mercury, standard, and custom relays all offered by American Innovations as the single source for all of your interruption needs.
Feature Benefit GPS synchronization Keeps all interrupters, including Bullhorn remote monitors with interruption, synchronized for maximum accuracy Smallest interrupter with embedded display and keyboard
- Takes up less space when transporting
- Can be installed inside most rectifiers
- Easy to operate using the keypad
Program interruption schedules with keypad or PC using USB Simple and quick to program Power directly from rectifier secondary AC tap or DC source Quick installation and reliable operation Interruption On/Off cycle times up to 999.9 seconds in 0.1 second increments Customizable interruption characteristics Continuous, daily, dated, and interference modes Flexible interruption schedule Interference mode Synchronously interrupt specific groups of rectifiers to determine the influence of each rectifier on the structure under test Provides up to 0.5 A at 12 V to control relays Can use a wide range of mercury, solid state, standard, or custom relays Store up to 9 interruption programs Faster setup and common interruption settings using preconfigured schedules Works with remote monitors from AI and other vendors Compatibility allows system-wide interruption Interruption not affected by loss of GPS signal Prevents temporary GPS signal loss from affecting survey Auto-resume after power loss Interruption automatically continues with same program once power is restored Zero Crossing Interrupt the instant when the AC crosses zero instead of using a GPS reading Input Power 10 - 60 V DC or 8 - 42 V AC GPS Synchronization Yes Interruption Cycle Range: 0.1 - 999.9 s Increments: 100 ms Auxiliary Relay Drive Capacity 0.5 A Number of Programmable Schedules 9 Start Phase: ON/OFF Enclosure Fully waterproof case See-through cover Display LCD Display Operating Temperature -30 °C to +70 °C (LCD visible from -20 °C to +60 °C) Weight 1 lbs. 11 oz. (0.77 kg) Dimensions 6.0” x 4.5” x 2.8" Relay Options Mercury Normally Closed (NC): 30 A, 60 A and 100 A AC Solid State Normally Closed (NC): 80 A and 100 A DC Solid State Normally Closed (NC): 20A and 100 A Accessories optionally available in ready-to-survey kit with relay, cables, and canvas bag
- MicroMax GPS300 and GPS350 Interrupter User Guide
- MicroMax GPS300 Interrupter Installation and Configuration Quick Reference Guide
- Technical Brief: AC Zero Crossing and MicroMax GPS300
- Technical support is provided by NACE-certified professionals via phone and email.
- Approximately 98 times out of 100, a highly-qualified professional will answer your very first phone call and handle your questions. No call backs; no phone tag.
- We set you up for success with product training and certification, offered at your place of business or ours.