GPS350 Current Interrupter with Built-In Relay
- MicroMax Portable Instruments
- GPS350 Current Interrupter with Built-In Relay
The MicroMax GPS350 is a portable, flexible, rugged, fully-programmable GPS synchronized current interrupter that is designed specifically for cathodic protection (CP) surveys. The GPS350 helps operators ensure corrosion mitigation effectiveness and meet regulatory requirements. It is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in solid state relay, keypad, and LCD display and is designed to fit inside most rectifier cabinets.
Current interruption for:
- Cathodic protection
- Rectifiers and foreign / critical bonds
- Measuring On and Instant Off potentials
- Interference influence of adjacent CP systems
The MicroMax GPS350 is a portable, flexible, rugged, fully-programmable GPS synchronized current interrupter that is designed specifically for cathodic protection (CP) surveys. The GPS350 helps operators ensure corrosion mitigation effectiveness and meet regulatory requirements. It is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in relay, keypad, and LCD display and is designed to fit inside most rectifier cabinets. The built-in relay can interrupt AC or DC up to 60 A with on/off cycles of less than 4 seconds, 80 A with cycles totalling 4 seconds or longer, is solid state, and normally closed. The GPS350 is programmed using the embedded keypad or with a PC via USB. It operates in continuous, daily, dated, and interference modes to fit any interruption schedule. The device can be powered from an AC or DC source for quick installation and reliable operation.
- Portable – The GPS350 is the smallest interrupter available with a built-in relay, keypad, and LCD display. It is light, weighing about 3 pounds, but rugged enough to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Compact – The unit is small enough to fit inside many rectifier enclosures or magnetically clamp to the bottom, reducing the chances of vandalism and eliminating the need to chain it down to prevent theft.
- Flexible – The GPS350 can interrupt either AC or DC, up to 60 A with on/off cycles of less than 4 seconds, and 80 A with cycles totalling 4 seconds or longer. Installation is easy as polarity is not a concern.
- Complete Isolation – The built-in relay is optically driven, ensuring that the interrupter is isolated from high energy events such as lightning strikes.
- Transient Voltage Suppression – The GPS350 contains a unique voltage suppression technology that absorbs the inductive energy released during on/off switching and allows the relay to switch much higher currents than previously available.
- Interference Mode – Synchronously interrupts specific groups of rectifiers to determine the influence of each rectifier on the structure under test. The GPS350 provides Interference Mode for close interval, depolarization and DCVG surveys with configurable Off, On, and delay settings.
Feature Benefit GPS synchronization Keeps all interrupters, including Bullhorn remote monitors with interruption, synchronized for maximum accuracy Smallest interrupter with embedded display, keyboard, and relay
- Takes up less space when transporting
- Can be installed inside most rectifiers
- Easy to operate using the keypad
Program interruption schedules with keypad or PC using USB Simple and quick to program Power directly from rectifier secondary AC tap or DC source Quick installation and reliable operation Interruption On/Off cycle times up to 999.9 seconds in 0.1 second increments Customizable interruption characteristics Continuous, daily, dated, and interference modes Flexible interruption schedule Interference mode Synchronously interrupt specific groups of rectifiers to determine the influence of each rectifier on the structure under test Store up to 9 interruption programs Faster setup and common interruption settings using preconfigured schedules Works with remote monitors from AI and other vendors Compatibility allows system-wide interruption Interruption not affected by loss of GPS signal Prevents temporary GPS signal loss from affecting survey Transient Voltage Suppression Allows for switching of much higher currents AC and DC relay, with current ranges of 60 A with on/off cycles of less than 4 seconds, and 80 A with cycles totalling 4 seconds or longer The most efficient and cost-effective relay for virtually every application Normally Closed Continuous CP even if the interrupter loses power Solid State Low control current, faster cycle times, cleaner transitions, and longer lasting Auto-resume after power loss Interruption automatically continues with same program once power is restored Zero Crossing Interrupt the instant when the AC crosses zero instead of using a GPS reading Input Power 10 - 60 V DC or 8 - 42 V AC GPS Synchronization Yes Interruption Cycle Range: 0.1 - 999.9 s Increments: 100 ms Auxiliary Relay Drive Capacity 0.5 A Number of Programmable Schedules 9 Start Phase: ON/OFF Enclosure Fully waterproof case See-through cover Display LCD Display Operating Temperature -30 °C to +70 °C (LCD visible from -20 °C to +60 °C) Weight 3 lbs. 1 oz. (1.39 kg) Dimensions 6.0” x 4.5” x 4" (with magnets attached) Built-in Relay Load Current 0-80A AC or DC Max, > 4s on/off cycle 0-60A AC or DC Max, < 4s on/off cycle Load Voltage 100 V Peak DC 70 V Peak AC Type Normally closed, Solid State
- MicroMax GPS300 and GPS350 Interrupter User Guide
- MicroMax GPS350 Interrupter Installation and Configuration Quick Reference Guide
- Technical support is provided by NACE-certified professionals via phone and email.
- Approximately 98 times out of 100, a highly-qualified professional will answer your very first phone call and handle your questions. No call backs; no phone tag.
- We set you up for success with product training and certification, offered at your place of business or ours.