Internal Corrosion Manager
- PCS Compliance
- Internal Corrosion Manager
Internal Corrosion Manager
The Internal Corrosion Manager (ICM) is a module within the Pipeline Compliance System (PCS™), the industry leader in managing compliance information for natural gas, hazardous liquids, and other pipeline systems. ICM is an important tool that assists operators to:
- Continuous compliance
- Optimize treatment costs
- Accurate stream mapping of the pipeline network
ICM is an integrated data collection, analysis, and reporting solution based on industry and regulatory expertise. It is suitable for managing internal corrosion programs at the enterprise level. ICM is an important tool for an operators’ pipeline management program. The software:
- Captures, manages and analyzes internal corrosion data for pipeline networks
- Supports compliance with audit reporting and operational scheduling to avoid delinquencies
- Provides cost/benefit analysis for chemical treatment and other mitigation strategies
- Correlates historical data for troubleshooting and critical decision support
ICM collects and analyzes data for all components of the internal corrosion program to comply with DOT 49 CFR Parts 192.475-477 and 195.579:
- Chemical treatment
- Gas/liquid/solids samples
Feature Benefit Continuous Compliance
- Avoid delinquencies by scheduling measurements
- Create all reports necessary for audit support and filing requirements
Key Performance Indicators
- Streamline operations and minimize costs
- Visualize actual measurements versus targets from relevant sources and tune operations with confidence:
- Treatment injection rates
- Dewatering frequencies
- Accurately map the process streams in the pipeline network
- Provide enhanced troubleshooting capability by instantly determining which measurement points are affected by a given input (injection point, tank feed, or pipeline lateral)
- Reliably import data from operations, labs, and chemical vendors
- Supported formats include: Excel, CSV, plain text, XML, and DBF
- Integrate with GIS, risk assessment, work flow management, and other external applications
Example: The optimal injection rate can be determined – avoiding overtreatment –by monitoring the inhibitor injection rate, the residual concentration, and the corrosion rate (probe measuring MPY) of a stream over time.
Optimal treatment rate reduces corrosion risk and avoids costs of wasted inhibitor.
Working with existing chemical treatment programs, ICM now makes it possible to scale across the enterprise by tracking effectiveness of all treated streams with one integrated application.
PCS Technical Services provides software support, training, documentation, and special project services for PCS Version 7 and PCS Axis® software products, including:
• Implementation services and consulting
• Software and report customization
• Data conversion and hierarchy design
• Data entry and data import to PCS
• Custom module design
Client Computer Properties Processor: Intel Core i7 Speed: 2.3 GHz or faster RAM: 8 GB Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (SP1) Available Disk Space: 720 GB (see note) Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 4.5 (see note) Server Computer Properties Processor: Intel Xeon Speed: 2 Quad Core CPUs at 2.4GHz or faster RAM: 32 GB (see note) Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Available Disk Space: 100 GB (see note) Database: SQL Server 2008 R2 Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
• Microsoft .NET Framework: If the target computer does not have Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5 installed, the PCS Axis installation automatically installs it for you. This feature requires an active Internet connection to complete the installation of .NET Framework v4.5.
• Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit: For client systems that wish to use Synchronization, a 64-bit version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express R2 SP2 (or Standard edition for databases exceeding 10 GB) must be installed on the subscriber’s computer (the remote client). Once PCS Axis is installed, a subscription database must be created on the subscriber’s computer prior to working off-line.
• Disk Space with Synchronization: If using a remote client to subscribe to and synchronize with a central database, sufficient disk space must be reserved for database use (11 GB when using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express).